Forbes includes U of G Among Canada’s Best Employers
Office, Clerical and Technical
Human Resources, Business Operations
Laboratory Services Division
Temporary part-time from March 2020 to March 2021
(Less than 24 hours a week)
Hiring #: 2020-0068
Please read the Application Instructions before applying
Laboratory Services Division (LSD) Human Resources is seeking a qualified candidate to support and assist the HR team with payroll coding, time-entry and other general administrative tasks. Laboratory Services has ~300 employees, represented by several different employee groups, working out of three different locations. Working within tight deadlines, the successful candidate will be responsible for sorting large volumes of timesheets, assigning the appropriate payroll coding to the timesheets, and accurately entering the timesheet data into the University of Guelph Time-Entry system. Additional duties include: updating electronic attendance balances; verifying and reconciling LSD records with University of Guelph records; completing payroll related paperwork for distribution to appropriate signing authorities; maintaining stocks of forms and timesheets; filing large volumes of confidential paperwork, forms and timesheets; and, other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the position include: One year community college program in human resources, payroll or business administration plus six months of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- Initiative and dependability;
- Experience working with electronic payroll and attendance reporting systems;
- Excellent data-entry skills and experience working in a high volume data-entry environment, with frequent interruptions;
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills;
- Proven ability to manage time-sensitive tasks and maintain accuracy and attention to detail, while working under tight deadlines;
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- High level of tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality;
- Demonstrated administrative support experience (i.e. filing, processing paperwork, photocopying, scanning);
- Good computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Office 365, HRIS systems);
- Experience assisting with payroll related functions in a unionized environment will be considered an asset.
Hours of work: Up to 21 hours 3 days per week. Must be available Wednesday - Friday.
Hourly rate $21.12 - $23.58 per hour
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
Posting Date: 2020 02 10
Closing Date: 2020 02 25