Forbes includes U of G Among Canada’s Best Employers
Professional and Managerial Group
Temporary part-time from August 29, 2022 to June 30, 2023
(Less than 24 hours a week)
Hiring #: 2022-0545
Please read the Application Instructions before applying
The University Secretariat is responsible for supporting the efficient and timely operation of the University’s bicameral governance system comprised of the Senate and the Board of Governors and their many standing committees. The Senate is responsible for the academic policy of the University while the Board of Governors is responsible for oversight of the management and control of the University and its property, revenues, expenditures, business and related affairs.
Reporting to the Administrative Officer, the Recording Secretary will be responsible for activities in support of the bi-cameral governance system at the University. In particular, the role will provide professional writing support for the Board of Governors, Senate and various standing committees. Some research in support of projects overseen by the Secretariat may also be assigned from time to time.
Requirements of the position include:
- Undergraduate Degree in Arts, Social Sciences, Commerce, Public Administration (Graduate degree preferred, or evidence of strong writing ability)
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize work and manage deadlines
- Ability to review and synthesize material to determine important information and summarize issues while maintaining high level of detail and accuracy
- Previous experience working with confidential information
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Knowledge of University structure and governance is an asset.
Normal Hiring Range $26.79 - $33.49 per hour
Professional/Managerial Salary Bands
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
Posting Date: 2022 08 02
Closing Date: 2022 08 17