Senior Advancement Manager, OAC
Forbes includes U of G Among Canada’s Best Employers
Professional and Managerial Group
Senior Advancement Manager, OAC
Alumni Affairs & Development
Temporary full-time from April 1, 2021 to July 1, 2022
Temporary absence of the regular incumbent
Hiring #: 2021-0076
Please read the Application Instructions before applying
This position is an opportunity to join a high-performing team of passionate fundraising professionals in Alumni Affairs and Development at one of Canada’s leading comprehensive research-intensive universities. As a member of this campus-wide team, the Senior Advancement Manager epitomizes the department’s shared values of respect, empowerment, integrity, appreciation, and forward focus.
In our work, we advance the mission of the University of Guelph by building lifelong relationships with our community: alumni, donors, and friends. Our vision is for the University of Guelph to be personally relevant in the lives of our community members. Through these relationships, we amplify the impact of philanthropy to create unique solutions for the challenges facing our world.
Reporting to the Director, Advancement (OAC), the Senior Advancement Manager is responsible for annual fund activities (contributions of $1 - $24,999) in support of the Ontario Agricultural College (OAC). The Senior Advancement Manager is expected to lead fundraising and all associated activities to generate a minimum of $800K in annual fund gifts annually, and works to advance priorities with alumni, corporations, and other friends of the University.
- Leading, managing, and implementing a diverse program that results in achieving annual fund success for the college
- Ensures all Annual Fund activities and programs are managed successfully to generate a minimum of $800K in annual fund gifts annually
- Establishes overall strategies and goals for donor acquisition, renewals, and upgrades, based on analytics and identified donor trends
- Collaboration with the Alumni and Annual Giving team to support all mass fundraising activity
- Effectively cultivate, solicit, and steward the OAC Annual Giving pipeline
- Working in collaboration with the Director, Advancement (OAC) and Associate Dean, External Relations, this role oversees campaign activity for the annual fund in the college
- Management of senior volunteers, including the creation of solicitation and stewardship plans for this group is required
- Attend and participate in University fundraising and donor recognition events including gift announcements, college and university-wide awards events, and President’s annual reception for donors giving $1,000 or more annually
Requirements of the position include:
- Undergraduate degree in business or a related field and five (5) years of post-secondary or other public sector fundraising experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in public relations, communications, and alumni relations programs is preferred
- Proven ability and successful record of accomplishment overseeing and growing a diverse and complex pipeline of donors and potential donors
- Strong leadership and motivation skills with record of team building, collaborating and creating partnerships
- Ability to create strong relationships and interact effectively with key constituencies, including alumni, faculty, staff, retirees, parents, students, friends, corporations, foundations, and associations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to respond strategically and creatively in a high-pressure, results-oriented work environment
- Excellent computer skills including databases and Microsoft Office applications
This appointment is regularly performed on- campus but will be initially fulfilled remotely (off-campus) until the University resumes its regular operations.
(Covering) Position Number 640-006
Professional/Managerial Salary Bands
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
Posting Date: 2021 02 22
Closing Date: 2021 03 08