Senior Research Associate
Forbes includes U of G Among Canada’s Best Employers
Professional and Managerial Group
Senior Research Associate
Institutional Analysis and Research
Hiring #: 2019-0459
Please read the Application Instructions before applying
The Senior Research Associate provides on-going support for University-wide projects and reports directly to the Senior Manager, Research and Planning of the Office of Institutional Analysis and Research. This position will act as consultants and advisors to senior administration for planning and involving strategic and operational decision-making associated with both the academic and administrative sides of the institution. This position is responsible for identifying, evaluating, and compiling large amounts of complex information including survey results; enrolment forecasting and associated budget planning; advice and forecasting regarding enrolment; government policies, and funding mechanisms; faculty salary planning and associated policies; environmental scanning of factors which impact Guelph, other Ontario universities and the post-secondary education sector and; development of institutional effectiveness/performance measures and associated accountability and strategic presentation issues. This position ensures that all projects are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Some work assignments and issues addressed are confidential and may only be disclosed at the executive level. A high level of discretion and confidentiality is required.
Requirements of the position include:
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Social Sciences (e.g. Economics, Psychology) or related field (Ph.D. preferred) and several years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills, and an aptitude for research and analysis
- Proficiency using statistical software (e.g. R, SAS) to perform data analyses (e.g. means testing, descriptive analyses, regression analyses) and data manipulation.
- Must demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the specific environment of the University of Guelph, its policies, organization and processes.
- Knowledge of Tableau or other data visual tools is an asset
- Demonstrate the ability to incorporate an institution-wide perspective;
- Recognize and handle issues of a politically sensitive and/or confidential nature;
- Work independently and with the cooperation and collaboration of colleagues within the Office, from across campus, or from outside the University;
- Co-ordinate the information elements of a project, including engaging other units, gathering of information sources and a communication plan;
- Must possess a high degree of commitment to the job, be highly motivated, and well organized to deal with a high volume of work
Position Number 061-009
*Tentative evaluation; subject to committee review.
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
Posting Date: 2019 08 14
Closing Date: 2019 08 28