Stewardship Engagement Manager, OAC
Forbes includes U of G Among Canada’s Best Employers
Professional and Managerial Group
Stewardship Engagement Manager, OAC
Alumni Affairs & Development
Hiring #: 2021-0142
Please read the Application Instructions before applying
This position is an opportunity to join a high-performing team of passionate fundraising professionals in Alumni Affairs and Development at one of Canada’s leading comprehensive research-intensive universities. As a member of this campus-wide team, the Stewardship Engagement Manager epitomizes the department’s shared values of respect, empowerment, integrity, appreciation, and forward focus.
In our work, we advance the mission of the University of Guelph by building lifelong relationships with our community: alumni, donors, and friends. Our vision is for the University of Guelph to be personally relevant in the lives of our community members. Through these relationships, we amplify the impact of philanthropy to create unique solutions for the challenges facing our world.
Reporting to the Director, OAC Advancement, and working closely with the associate director, stewardship and donor relations, the Stewardship and Engagement Manager, Ontario Agricultural College (OAC) is responsible for fulfilling stewardship deliverables and creating and executing a college-wide comprehensive donor relations and stewardship strategy that appropriately and consistently provides recognition and acknowledgement of major gift donors (realized giving, pledges and planned pledges valued at $25,000 or more).
- Accountable for some relationships in the stewardship cycle within the major gift fundraising program for the college, with a focus on relationship management of individuals with giving of $25,000 and above
- Creating and executing stewardship plans that include engagement strategies of either individuals or groups of OAC major gift donors
- Leading the college in the fulfilment of stewardship deliverables and communications requirements for major gift donors including the management of gift announcements, overseeing permanent recognition systems, and the timely delivery of annual donor reports, chair and faculty reports as outlined in gift agreements
- Collaborating with the Director and relationship managers to develop individual or group engagement plans for select individual or segments of the college’s major gift donors and/or friends
Requirements of the position include:
- Undergraduate degree in business or a related field and two (2) years of experience in donor relations, post-secondary or other public sector fundraising, and/or public relations in a profit/or non-profit environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working on a fundraising team on large and complex fundraising projects especially major, multi-year capital campaigns, with specific experience in donor stewardship
- Experience in public relations, communications, and alumni relations programs is preferred
- Proven ability and successful record of accomplishment overseeing and growing a diverse and complex pipeline of donors and potential donors
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Proven project management, event planning expertise and demonstrated analytical, strategic-thinking, adaptability, and relationship-building skills
- Strong leadership and motivation skills with record of team building, collaborating and creating partnerships
- Ability to create strong relationships and interact effectively with key constituencies, including alumni, faculty, staff, retirees, parents, students, friends, corporations, foundations, and associations
- Ability to respond strategically and creatively in a high-pressure, results-oriented work environment
- Excellent computer skills including databases and Microsoft Office applications
This appointment is regularly performed on- campus but will be initially fulfilled remotely (off-campus) until the University resumes its regular operations.
Position Number 641-002
Professional/Managerial Salary Bands
*Tentative evaluation; subject to committee review.
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
Posting Date: 2021 03 31
Closing Date: 2021 04 14