Total Compensation Associate
Forbes includes U of G Among Canada’s Best Employers
Professional and Managerial Group
Total Compensation Associate
Temporary full-time from November 1, 2021 to October 31, 2022
Temporary absence of the regular incumbent
Hiring #: 2021-0550
Please read the Application Instructions before applying
Reporting to the Manager of Compensation, the Total Compensation Associate provides overall administrative support to the Total Compensation team. This role is accountable for information management and administrative work-flow within Total Compensation, and plays an important role in ensuring processes function efficiently and effectively. As a key contact for employees and managers with benefit, pension and job evaluation inquiries and concerns, the incumbent requires positive, professional judgement to ensure issues are identified for timely response or resolution and escalated as required.
Specific responsibilities include: ensuring various databases are developed and maintained; accuracy of data records; and inquiries are addressed in a timely manner; coordinating activities relating to job evaluation committee including scheduling of meetings and distribution of related documents; researching background information and supporting the preparation of correspondence including drafting where required; maintaining the relevant sections of the Human Resources website; and effective and timely problem-solving and triaging of pension and benefit inquiries.
Requirements of the position include:
- Two (2) year community college diploma in office administration or related field along with two (2) years of related work experience supporting Human Resources, Compensation and/or Pension and Benefits functions.
- Progress towards a professional designation in compensation, pension and/or benefit administration (eg. CEBS, PPAC, CEB or equivalent) would be considered an asset;
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to understand and communicate information from collective agreements, benefit and pension booklets and other technical documents.
- Demonstrated ability to manage information and work-flow effectively and efficiently and the interest in constantly seeking out potential efficiencies in processes;
- Proven ability to carry out duties and responsibilities with diplomacy, tact and discretion and a constant focus on maintaining a high degree of confidentiality;
- Self-motivated, strong and effective organizational and time management skills with follow through, including the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively, communicate effectively and demonstrate sensitivity to others (self-awareness);
- Openness to learning and resourcefulness in problem-solving.
This appointment is regularly performed on-campus but will be initially fulfilled both remotely (off-campus) and on-campus until the University resumes its regular operations.
(Covering) Position Number 060-069
Professional/Managerial Salary Bands
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
Posting Date: 2021 10 12
Closing Date: 2021 10 27