Chemical Waste Disposal Amnesty 2018: Campus-wide Chemical Waste Disposal Campaign
Monday, April 9, 2018 - Friday, April 20, 2018
Once again, EHS will come to your lab and dispose of your chemical waste.
- NO tags
- NO disposal request forms
All you need to do:
- Place a "Chemical Waste Amnesty" sticker on bottles or on a box full of chemicals. Stickers are available for pick up from the EHS main office, Alexander Hall, Room 162.
- Call the Lab Safety Officer at 519-824-4120 ext. 54270 and provide your building name and laboratory location.
Chemical Waste Management Information sessions are available:
Sessions are held in the EHS Training Room, Alexander Hall Room 168
- Friday, April 6, 2018 --- 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, April 18, 2018 --- 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
All participants will receive a "Goody Bag"
These sessions are intended to raise awareness on proper disposal of chemicals in a safe, efficient and environmentally friendly manner. It introduces participants to key elements of Hazardous Waste Management: regulartory requirements, hazardous waste determiniation, safe handling and storage, treatment of waste, after it leaves your lab and more.....