Occupational Health and Wellness offers a variety of strategic wellness initiatives to assist faculty and staff members in optimizing their health and well-being.
Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program is a short-term counseling service offered to regular full time faculty, staff and their family members at no cost. Access to counselling is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week through the University's EFAP provider, Homewood Employee Health by calling 1-800-663-1142. All the information provided will be handled in a confidential manner.
Mental Health Awareness
- Suicide Awareness - Fact vs. Myth
- Working Through It™ - This series of videos is designed to speak directly to people struggling with mental health issues. Real people share their experiences of working through times of mental health pressures at work, off work and returning to work, and send these important messages; 1) you are not alone, 2) there are things you can do to reclaim your well-being, and 3) there is hope for a better tomorrow.
- Check-Up from the Neck Up - Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. This simple, online, private, mental health check-up can identify some symptoms of common mood disorders so you can get help if you need it. You can also learn more about mood disorders on this site and find resources to help yourself, your family members, or friends.
- Creating A Healthier Workplace - A week-by-week guide to help you focus on health and wellness
- May 2019 - Vacation: Relax, Refresh, and Reconnect - English
- May 2019 - Vacation: Relax, Refresh, and Reconnect - French
- April 2019 - Creating a Healthy Workplace - English
- April 2019 - Creating a Healthy Workplace - French
- March 2019 - Women's Mental Health - English
- March 2019 - Women's Mental Health - French
- Re-energizing Yourself for the New Year - English
- Re-energizing Yourself for the New Year - French
- Preparing for the New Year: Maintaining Your Mental Health - English
- Preparing for the New Year: Maintaining Your Mental Health - French
- Vitality - Crisis Management: Consideration and Support - English
- Vitality - Crisis Management: Consideration and Support - French
- Vitality - Supporting Men in Getting Mental Health and Addiction Support - English
- Vitality - Supporting Men in Getting Mental Health and Addiction Support - French
The Better "U"
The Better “U” is a noon hour activity program offered to faculty and staff Mondays and Wednesdays which includes stretching, leisure and power walking, learn to run, and running programs. Please come join us for this relaxed and informal program! For more information and to register, contact Occupational Health and Wellness at 519-824-4120 ext. 52647.
We recommend that you check with your doctor before starting any exercise program. Please contact Occupational Health and Wellness at 519-824-4120 ext. 52647, or by email if you have any questions or concerns in regards to participating in this program.
Please remember that we all share the air. To ensure the health and wellbeing of all those who study, work and visit here, please help us to maintain a scent awareness workplace. Switching to scent-free products may cause some minor inconveniences for some, but will payoff in a healthier workplace for all. Please hang a poster in your work area and encourage all members of the campus community to eliminate the use of scented products whenever possible.