Host a Brazilian Student Intern
Faculty and local organizations are invited to host a Brazilian Science Without Borders (SwB) student for a 3-4 month unpaid summer internship in science or technology. SwB students are fully funded by the Brazilian government, so it is not necessary that they receive remuneration from their placement supervisors. However, hosts may choose to supplement the student's living allowance with full or partial remuneration. The program is funded by the National Council for Scientific and Technological Development (CNPq) and the Brazilian Federal Agency for Support and Evaluation of Graduate Education (CAPES).
- Work with some of Brazil’s best and most enthusiastic upper-year students in a variety of specializations in science, engineering, and technology.
- Gain international perspectives and diversify your team.
- Give staff or graduate students the opportunity to train and mentor an undergraduate student.
- Build connections to Brazil’s emerging leaders in science and technology.
- A 3-4 month, full time, applied learning experience related to the student’s program of study. Placements should take place from early May to late August.
- Regular supervision and mentorship.
- Appropriate working conditions, facilities, and training.
- Placements should be in Guelph or surrounding areas.
- Payment is not a requirement of the program, but it is expected that placement supervisors provide a valuable professional development opportunity for the student.
To Get Involved
Please contact Haruho Kubota, Science Without Borders Advisor (Acting), at firstname.lastname@example.org 519-824-4120 ext 58387.