I want to take a group of students on an international field trip, what do I need to know?

First you'll need to clear the idea with your Department Chair and ensure there are sufficuent funds to support the trip. Next contact the Study Abroad Manager, Lisa Blenkinsop, to get info on emergency contact forms, registering your trip itinerary and other services provided by CIP.

The University has a Safe International Travel Policy you'll need to look at to determine if the location you are considering is appropriate. Also, consult the Global Affairs Canada (formally DFAIT) for travel information and advisories.

Note that all students travelling on a University of Guelph activity outside Canada will need to complete DepartSmart, our on-line predeparture orientation