Workshop - Graphic Design Quick Start + Logo Creation
Date and Time
Do your pictures look pixelated when uploaded to the internet and you’re not quite sure why? Do you wonder what the difference between a .jpeg, .png, and an .svg are, or how to resize an image in photoshop? This workshop is intended to answer those foundational questions and to increase confidence for absolute beginners. Together we will also each create a logo, digitally tracing a pencil drawing or even from scratch.
• A quick overview of what graphic design is and why it matters
• A comparison of various software and workflows
• The difference between raster and vector images
• Pixel density / DPI & resolution requirements for screens vs print
• Logo basics in design and use
This workshop is intended for U of G students, alumni or staff with little to no experience.
Please email email@example.com if you have any issues registering.