A Day in the Life of...an Accounting professional
Date and Time
John Eccles Centre, South Residences
"A Day in the Life of"...an Accounting professional
Join the College of Business + Economics for a panel discussion event called "A Day in the Life of...", one of a series of events being hosted throughout January and February geared toward specific commerce degree programs. All Commerce students are encouraged and welcome to attend any of these presentations!
This event will provide a unique opportunity for students to gain valuable insight into the accounting field by hearing from alumni and industry reps who will share their experiences and information about the company they work for. This panel presentation and interactive discussion will give students the chance to ask real questions to learn “what it’s really like” from individuals working in the industry they hope to start their careers in.
What you will get from the event:
- A better understanding of the CPA process, presented by Mallory Rellinger from CPA Ontario
- An appreciation of the types of career opportunities available in accounting
- An understanding of what it takes to get a job in accounting
- An appreciation of the importance of networking
- Advice on making the most of your time at university
- Guidance on getting through professional exams
Panelists will include:
- Will Balkovec, CPA, CMA, Accounting Manager at Linamar
- Rebecca Fenech, Financial Accountant, Arriscraft International
- Kevin McLeod, Associate at PwC
Hayden Sands, Current Accounting Co-op Student, Staff Accountant at KPMG
Space is limited. Register for this event (you will be prompted to access your Recruit Guelph account using your central login ID).