Associate Diploma in Agriculture
The Associate Diploma in Agriculture is a skills-oriented program that combines practical experience in agricultural production with the technical and scientific information required to successfully operate modern food production enterprises. Students will develop the business management, computer skills, and problem-solving abilities required for various careers:
- self-employed managers of production systems
- technical/sales employees of agri-business firms, commodity boards, and other agencies related to the agri-food system
This program is offered at the Ridgetown Campus of the University of Guelph.
For information on admission requirements visit the Ridgetown Campus website.
Sample First Year Courses
- Livestock Systems
- Applied Plant Science
- Soil Principles
- Applied Mathematics
- Introduction to Business Management
- Communications & Software Applications I
- Agricultural Mechanization and Safety
- Animal Science
- Financial Management
- Communications & Software Applications II
- Applied Weed Science
For full course descriptions and a listing of second year courses, check out the diploma program calendar
- Primary producer
- Livestock farm manager
- Crop input sales representative
- Agricultural finance manager
Our OAC Student Liaison team is here to help! Have you applied to or are you considering this program, but have some questions? Not sure who to ask? Ask us! Our team of program experts will happily answer your questions or direct them to the people who can. Ask your questions here.