Associate Diploma in Horticulture
The Diploma in Horticulture program provides a basic curriculum in ornamental horticulture and an opportunity to take specialized courses in various components of the industry. Practical experience and training complements the more formal material presented in lectures and provides an opportunity to acquire the practical skills required in greenhouse and landscaping firms.
This program is offered at the Ridgetown Campus of the University of Guelph.
For information on admission requirements visit the Ridgetown Campus website.
Sample First Year Courses
- Introduction to Business Management
- Communications & Software Applications I
- Applied Plant Science
- Applied Mathematics
- Landscape Management
- Plant Identification I
- Financial Management
- Communications & Software Applications II
- Landscape Design
- Plant Propagation
- Soil and Water Use in Horticulture
For full course descriptions and a listing of second year courses, check out the diploma program calendar
- Horticultural/landscape maintenance technician
- Greenhouse assistant grower
- Garden centre/nursery manager
- Parks and recreation technician
Our OAC Student Liaison team is here to help! Have you applied to or are you considering this program, but have some questions? Not sure who to ask? Ask us! Our team of program experts will happily answer your questions or direct them to the people who can. Ask your questions here.