M.Sc.-Bio-based Polymeric Materials and Engineering
The Master of Science in Plant Agriculture is a full-time program based on coursework at the Ontario Agricultural College and research intense program conducted at the Bioproducts Discovery and Development Centre, University of Guelph.
Location: University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Entry Terms: Fall, Winter or Summer Semester
Deadlines: Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis
Degree Requirements: Masters degree requires Bachelors degree in Science
There are several openings for graduate students wishing to pursue a Graduate degree in the research areas listed below:
- Biomedical Applications for Bioplastics and Biocomposites
- 3D Printing of Bioplastics and Biocomposites
- Bioplastics and Biobased Polymers
- Biocomposites (Natural Fibre Composites) and Polymer Blends
- Green Composites including recyclability, durability and biodegradability studies
- Biobased Nanocomposites and Nanoblends
- Biomass and Biomaterials Sustainability
- Value-added Biobased Materials from the Coproducts/Byproducts of Biofuel Industries
- Biodegradability (Compostability)
Research component of the graduate school requirements will be conducted within the Bioproducts Discovery and Development Centre (link is external) (BDDC), University of Guelph. The candidate will have the opportunity to work with senior scientists from different areas (materials science and engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, polymer chemistry, packaging and plant agriculture) and will have the chance to work collaboratively with industrial partners.
Please contact Prof. Amar Mohanty at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to apply for the position.