Apply for Project Operating Funding
Project operating funding (Tier I)
Eligible U of G researchers interested in applying for research project operating funding may do so through the Tier I research call. All Tier I projects must relate to one or more of the seven research themes and address OMAFRA research priorities.
- Are multi-disciplinary and integrated. Proposals are submitted in response to an OMAFRA Research Program 'Request for Proposals' via the letter of intent/full proposal process;
- Demonstrate partnership support and sharing of Research Station Services and Access (RSSA) fees;
- Include partners who fund the net value of RSSA fees (8 per cent of total annual cost of research station usage for the approved project). OMAFRA subsidizes 92 per cent of the RSSA fees for successful Tier I projects.
Call for Letters of Intent open for application in RMS: Tuesday, Sept 11, 2018
Call for Letters of Intent deadline date for submission in RMS: Thursday, October 25, 2018 no later than 12:00PM (Noon).
Town Hall Program Information Sessions will be held:
- September 24, 2018; 12 pm (Noon) -1 pm, UC 442
- September 27, 2018; 12 pm (Noon) -1 pm, UC 442
- September 28, 2018; 11 am-12 pm (Noon), Peter Clark Hall
Online Application System
The OMAFRA-U of G Research Program uses a web-based software called Research Management System (RMS) for processing research applications and reporting on projects.
You must register in the RMS before you can prepare an application. You do not need to register again if you have previously submitted a letter of intent (LOI) or full proposal to an OMAFRA-U of G Agreement program or an OMAFRA program through the RMS.
- Have an RMS account? Access the login page for RMS to start an application.
- Need an RMS account? Visit our RMS registration page to get a user name and password.
OR-5 Form Required
All applicants must submit a completed OR-5 form at the time of application. The completed form must be attached to your application in RMS. OR-5 form templates and instructions can be found on the Office of Research website.
Research Station Fees
Researchers proposing to use the research stations must include the appropriate Research Station Fees in their proposal budgets.
OMAFRA subsidizes 92 per cent of the applicable Research Station Fees for Tier I projects.
See our Research Station Fees Price List for more information. Please note that details regarding Arkell Equine fees are available by downloading the document Outline of Arkell Equine Research Station Fees.