2019 OASV-Maxwell Swine Legacy Scholarship Call for Applications CLOSED
The Ontario Association of Swine Veterinarians (OASV) is accepting applications for the
2019 OASV-Maxwell Legacy Swine Scholarship
Donor: This grant is made possible by generous contributions from Bill Maxwell whom has had a longstanding dedication to the Ontario & Canadian hog industries.
Award: One to two awards valued between $2500-$5000 ($CAD) to be awarded. Conditional upon confirmation of funding each award term and upon the identification of a suitable applicant or applicants.
This award will be presented at the annual OASV Fall Conference to be held Nov 8-9, 2019. The successful applicant is expected to attend the 2019 OASV Fall Conference and will receive complementary registration for the 2019 OASV Fall Conference.
Eligibility: Applicant must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident to apply and be a:
- 2018 or 2019 graduate from the Ontario Veterinary College, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) program, University of Guelph
- Currently registered, full-time graduate student at the University of Guelph
Applicants must provide: mailing address, e-mail address, citizenship, degree program, graduation year, and their University of Guelph student number.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications will be reviewed by a sub-committee established by the OASV Executive.
If a successful applicant is identified they will be notified by early October 2019
Terms and Conditions:
- Based on written application in the form of an expression-of-interest, maximum 1000 words. Applicant to provide details under the following headings:
- Current Swine Interests: Please describe and summarize your recent experiences and special interests in swine health and production. Graduate students please briefly describe your current research as it relates to swine health and production.
- Professional Vision: Please describe your outlook on swine health and production for the short and long term. Elaborate on areas of concern within our industry and how you hope to focus your skills and interests to achieve better outcomes in these areas.
- Graduation Plan: Please explain your immediate plans following graduation. If unknown, please describe your ideal career path upon graduation.
- One letter of reference from an individual who has worked directly with the applicant in the area of swine health and who can speak to the applicant’s interest in the Ontario swine industry and swine health.
Due Date: Applications and reference letters are being accepted until September 20, 2019 11:59 EST
Submit application: The Ontario Swine Research Network (OSRN) is accepting applications on behalf of the OASV. Please submit your expression-of-interest and reference letter via the OSRN website.
Letter of reference: To be submitted by referee
Direct any questions by email to:
Dr. Terri O’Sullivan
Ontario Veterinary College
Department of Population Medicine
University of Guelph
For more information about the OASV and the OASV Fall Conference please visit: https://www.oasv.ca