International development, foreign aid, poverty, African politics
- Briggs, Ryan C. (2018). Poor Targeting: A Gridded Spatial Analysis of the Degree to Which Aid Reaches the Poor in Africa. World Development, 103, 133–148.
- Briggs, Ryan C. (2017). Does Foreign Aid Target the Poorest? International Organization, 71(1), 187–206.
- Berinzon, Maya and Ryan C. Briggs (2016). Legal Families Without the Laws: The Fading of Colonial Law in French West Africa. American Journal of Comparative Law, 64(2), 329–370.
- Winner of the Hessel Yntema Prize for best article published in AJCL in 2016 by authors under 40.
- Briggs, Ryan C. and Scott Weathers (2016). The Other White Man’s Burden? Gender & Location in African Politics Scholarship. African Affairs, 115(460), 466–489.