Policies & Guiding Documents
The Presidential Search process is governed by the Policy on University Appointments and, ultimately, the University of Guelph Act, 1964 which vests the Board of Governors with the authority to appoint the President.
Faculty, staff and student members of the Presidential Selection Committee are appointed by Senate according to its Modus Operandi for membership approvals. The Presidential Selection Committee will also be subject to the Good Governance Policy for the Board of Governors, and related confidentiality and conflict of interest requirements.
The work of the Presidential Selection Committee will also be informed by key University framework documents, including the Strategic Framework.
Legislation and Policies
- University of Guelph Act, 1964
- Policy on University Appointments
- B.1 Good Governance Policy for the Board of Governors
- Modus Operandi for the Composition of Membership Slates and Ballots for Senate Approval
- Presidential Selection Committee Charter