Welcome to the Physical Science and Engineering Education Research Centre (PSEER) website. PSEER was established in 2012 in the College of Physical and Engineering Science to support and promote evidenced-based teaching and learning within the Departments of Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics & Statistics, and the Schools of Computer Science and Engineering. PSEER is focused on the following objectives:
- to create new knowledge and practice surrounding science and engineering education;
- to communicate these ideas within and outside the university;
- to promote science and engineering education research within the university;
- to foster quality education research, based on solid experimental design, execution and interpretation;
- to advocate externally for increased support for science and engineering education research;
- to develop a successful model that engages educators in the scholarship of teaching and learning that may be of value to other colleges and units at the University of Guelph and beyond.
PSEER offers annual funding opportunities with calls typically made in February (for funding in May of the same year). Funding is intended to support novel investigations to improve the delivery of science and engineering education at the University of Guelph.