Transfer of advisors

See Chapter IV, heading Master of Arts, Master of Arts (Leadership), Master of Applied Science, Master of Bioinformatics, Master of Biotechnology, Master of Engineering, Master of Environmental Sciences, Master of Food, Agricultural and Resource Economics, Master of Science, Master of Planning, Master of Science (Planning), subheading Department Regulations 

Look for "Area-specific transfer of advisors" below CONTENTS for area-specific guidance if it exists. 

Area-specific transfer of advisors NACS MSC

In those rare cases where it is appropriate for a student to change advisors, the following steps are suggested as a path to obtaining a new advisor.

1. The student should notify the NACS graduate studies coordinator who will assist the student in identifying a potential new advisor. In those cases where the advisor is also the NACS graduate studies coordinator, the student should contact the departmental graduate studies coordinator.

2. A new thesis advisory committee will be constructed under the direction of the newly appointed advisor. Normally, at least one of the members of the existing advisory committee will continue as a member of the new advisory committee. The decision to continue as an advisory committee member is at the discretion of the faculty member.