II. General Regulations

Student Programs

Major Paper or Major Project for Course-based Master’s Programs

In some non-thesis course-based programs, a major paper or major project may be required as part of the degree requirements. The major paper or major project is assigned a course number and appropriate number of credits by the Office of Graduate Studies. The major paper or major project course may extend over two semesters. The student's performance will be indicated through assignment of a numeric grade or a designation of satisfactory (SAT) or unsatisfactory (UNS). A copy of the major paper or project must be deposited in the department or school in which the student is registered.

University of Guelph
50 Stone Road East
Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1