IV. Admission Information

Letter of Permission (LOP) & Post Degree

University graduates who wish to enrol in degree courses to upgrade their degree or to gain credit for admission to a graduate or other academic program should apply to a non-degree category (e.g. non-degree). Applicants must hold a degree which is recognized as equivalent to a Canadian university's undergraduate or graduate degree. A student from another university wishing to register at the University of Guelph-Humber to take courses for credit at the home university must present The Visiting Student application and a Letter of Permission from the Registrar, Dean or program supervisor of the home institution authorizing a program selection. The Post-Degree and Visiting Student (LOP) categories are not normally open to applicants who do not meet University of Guelph-Humber general regulations for continuation of study outlined under Continuation of Study, Undergraduate Degree Regulations, Section VII of the Undergraduate Calendar and transfer requirements. An offer of admission to post-degree or on the basis of Letter of Permission does not imply in any way that space will be available in the course(s) in which the applicant wishes to register. Students should contact Admission Services about space in their desired courses.availability.

Students who register in the non-degree category and who subsequently want to change to a degree status will be required to meet admission requirements for that program, and credit granted for courses taken in the non-degree category will be subject to the regulations pertaining to that program. Students should visit Admission Services for details.

University of Guelph
50 Stone Road East
Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1