University of Guelph 1997-98 Undergraduate Calendar

VIII--Undergraduate Degree Regulations and Procedures


Previously registered students must apply to Admission Services for readmission under any of the following conditions:

  1. If they were required to withdraw from their program for a period of 2 or more semesters.
  2. If they received an undergraduate degree from this University and wish to register as a continuing student.
  3. If they registered in a program at another post-secondary institution and wish to return to the University of Guelph.
  4. If they have not registered at the University of Guelph for 6 or more consecutive semesters.
  5. If they are attending the University of Guelph on a letter of permission and wish to continue past the term of the letter of permission agreement.

Students requiring readmission must apply to Admission Services, Office of Registrarial Services, University Centre, Level 3. Applications for readmission must be submitted by the deadline date established for each semester (see Section III -- Schedule of Dates). An application fee is payable at the time the application is submitted (see Section VI -- Schedule of Fees).

On December 19, 1995, the University Senate approved the following policy for the granting of credit while on rustication:

  1. Students who have been required to withdraw, and who take university credit courses during their rustication period, will be eligible for up to two credits (one full-year course) provided they meet the criteria for readmission and the criteria for the transfer of credit.
  2. Students who take university courses after the two-semester rustication period will be eligible for transfer of all these courses provided the student meets the criteria for readmission and the criteria for the transfer of credit.
  3. Students who have been debarred for academic misconduct will not receive any credit for courses taken during the debarral period.

Note: This policy applies to any university credit course taken during the rustication period, be it distance or on-campus, taken in open learning programs from either our university or at another university.

Students who do not require readmission to their program register under the normal regulations as an in-course student.

1998-99 Undergraduate Calendar
VIII--Undergraduate Degree Regulations and Procedures

[Previous] [Parent] [Next]

[Table of Contents] [Index] [Glossary]
[Courses by Subject] [Courses by Name] [Awards by Category] [Awards by Name] [Calendar Search]

For general calendar inquiries contact:
Last revised: November 4, 1997.