2007-2008 University of Guelph Undergraduate Calendar

VI. Schedule of Fees

University Fees

Tuition Fees

The undermentioned tuition fees apply to Canadian students and those with permanent resident status. Students from outside of Canada, who do not have permanent resident status, should consult Visa Student Fees, in this section. For information regarding Tuition fees, for Full-time, Part-time and Audit students, visit the Student Financial Services website at: http://www.uoguelph.ca/studfin/ug/index.cfm.

Note: For tuition fees for the University of Guelph-Humber please check the University of Guelph-Humber website at http://www.guelphhumber.ca/.

Note: Special or Non-degree full-time students pay the same tuition fee per program as indicated by programs for regular full-time students.

Visa Student Fees

For information regarding Tuition fees for Full-time and Part-time Visa students visit the Student Financial Services website at: http://www.uoguelph.ca/studfin/ug/index.cfm.

Health Insurance for International Students

All international students registered at the University of Guelph are required to enrol in the University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP) - participation is compulsory. Current UHIP fees are found at Student Financial Services' website at: http://www.uoguelph.ca/studfin/ug/index.cfm.

Students who are studying on student visas and whose immigration status changes, or those who may be eligible for the regular tuition fees but are charged the visa student fees, must present acceptable official documentation to Undergraduate Program Services, Office of Registrarial Services. To effect a change of fees in a particular semester, the documentation must be presented prior to June 30 (Summer Semester), November 1 (Fall Semester), or February 1 (Winter Semester).

Categories of students who are exempt from paying the visa student fee are synopsized as follows:

  • Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or their dependents.

  • applicants for permanent residency who submit the appropriate letter.

  • diplomatic or consular officers of another country or representatives of the United Nations or its agencies who are stationed in Canada, or their dependents.

  • visitors, or their dependents, who are in Canada on an employment authorization.

  • refugees (officially recognized).

  • members of foreign military forces admitted to Canada under the Visiting Forces Act, and their dependents.

The descriptions above are brief statements synopsized from the regulations of the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. Final interpretation rests with the Office of Registrarial Services and documentation must be acceptable to the Office of Registrarial Services. The regulations are subject to change without notice.

Other Tuition and Incidental Fees

Co-operative Education

For information on current Co-operative Education fees, visit the Student Financial Services website at: http://www.uoguelph.ca/studfin/ug/index.cfm

Exchange Program

Guelph students attending other institutions are required to pay the University of Guelph the cost of full-time tuition and compulsory fees (less the Bus Pass fee). These students are assessed a $75.00 Administration Fee.

Foreign students attending the University of Guelph are required to pay the University Health Insurance premiums (UHIP) as well as the medical insurance premium, and Bus Pass fee.

Semester Abroad Program

Students are required to pay full-time tuition plus the compulsory medical insurance premium and dental plan premium.

Senior Citizens (Canadian Citizens & Permanent Residents only)

Senior citizens, aged 65 years and over as of the first day of the month in which registration for a semester occurs, who are admitted for registration, will be exempt from the payment of domestic tuition, student organization and other fees, with the exception of material costs required for Fine Art and Distance Education courses.

Summer Semester and Summer Session

For classification purposes, any combination of Summer Semester credits (13 week) and Summer Session credits (6 week) that total 2.00 credits or more will constitute full-time enrolment and tuition and other university fees will be charged accordingly.

Other University Fees; Student Organization Fees; College Semester Fees

For information on Other University Fees, Student Organization Fees and College Semester Fees, please visit the Student Financial Services website at: http://www.uoguelph.ca/studfin/ug/index.cfm.