VIII. Undergraduate Degree Regulations and Procedures

Exchange Programs

Exchange programs between the University of Guelph and other institutions are defined by the terms of formal exchange agreements. A copy of each agreement must be approved by the Associate Vice-President (Academic) and registered with the Associate Registrar, Enrolment Services.

Students participating in exchange programs pay full-time tuition fees at their home university, but select their courses at the university they will be visiting. The grades are recorded there and forwarded to the home institution at the end of the semester or academic year. Each institution participating in an exchange program designates a co-ordinator who will be responsible for arranging the details of the exchange. Students are advised not to leave on exchange without the written approval of the receiving university.

Students must pay their full-time fees and select their courses prior to leaving on exchange. "Exchange Program Course Selection Request" forms are available at the Centre for International Programs (C.I.P.) Office or from Enrolment Services, Office of Registrarial Services. Details on specific exchange programs can be found in Section V--International Study.

Courses taken on exchange will appear on the transcript as non-specific University of Guelph courses and will be graded using the Outstanding/Pass/Fail format. Grades will be determined by the Study Abroad Manager using an official transcript submitted by the host institution.

Informal exchange programs where a formal agreement does not exist must be conducted by means of a letter of permission and tuition fees will be paid to the receiving institution (refer to Section VI--Schedule of Fees).

University of Guelph
50 Stone Road East
Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1