Instructions for creating an acceptable digital photo for submission
The following is a set of generic instructions for creating a digital image that is a suitable photo for online submission.
- The image is not more than 1600 high x 1200 pixels wide.
- The image file size is smaller than 2 megabytes.
- The image file type is either .jpg or .jpeg.
- The ratio of the image, height divided by width, is around 1.3 (ie. 1600 / 1200 = 1.33).
The following are examples of photos that are NOT acceptable for use on your University of Guelph OR University of Guelph-Humber ID card:
|Too Blurry!||No hats or novelty headgear please!||No pictures cut out of group photos please.||Please submit a close-up of your face centered in the frame of the photo.|
- Set your camera or phone to its lowest resolution.
- An image greater than 1600 x 1200 resolution is too large to submit through this process. We have a maximum image file size of 2 megabytes.
- The photo should be taken as a standard portrait (height is greater than the width). This means that you should be able to submit a photo taken with a cell phone or digital camera held so that the picture is taller than it is wide, and with your head centered in most of the photo. See below:
The submitted photo needs to be in portrait format. The submitted photo cannot be in landscape format.
- Make sure you are centered in the frame of the image and take the picture.
- Save the photo in the .jpg (.jpeg) format, name the file according to your seven digit University of Guelph OR University of Guelph-Humber student number, e.g., if your University of Guelph OR University of Guelph-Humber student number is 0543210 the name of your photo file should be "0543210.jpg".
- You are now ready to upload your image to the University of Guelph OR University of Guelph-Humber Digital Photo Submission Page.