New Fall 2020 students, please note: As a precaution against COVID-19, the office is closed and ID cards are not available for pickup at this time. You can still submit your photo for your ID card online; just read the ID Card guidelines and then go to the Submit Photo webpage. We will print your card and inform you of the next steps in mid to late August.
Staff members: For information about staff ID cards, please visit the Information for Staff webpage.
The digital photo will be used to create your Student Photo ID Card.
The Student Photo ID Card is used to identify you as a student at the Universtiy of Guelph OR University of Guelph-Humber and indicates that you are entitled to the rights, privileges and responsibilities of a student.
The photo must be easily viewed, in focus and recognizable as you or it will be rejected.
- The photo must be a colour, colour photo must show a clear, front view of the applicant’s full face.
- The photo must be a portrait, in focus, of only the applicant.
- Hats, headbands or sunglasses may not be worn in the photo.
- The applicant’s eyes must be open and looking directly ahead.
- Head coverings worn for religious or medical reasons can be worn but must not cover any part of the applicant’s face. The head covering must not obscure or obstruct a full front view of the applicant’s face, nor can it cast a shadow on the face. Persons with a niqab or burka who require their University ID Card be issued at the University of Guelph campus will have a female staff member photograph and verify the individual’s identity in a private setting.
- The image file size must be under 2 megabytes and a JPG/JPEG file-type.
There are three steps to submitting your ID Photo online: