Summer 2022 FAQs

Student Financial Services (SFS) Availability

SFS is available by phone between 1 and 4 p.m., Monday to Friday. You can reach us at 519-824-4120 x58715.

SFS staff is also available by email and are responding as quickly as possible to emails.

Questions about your student account, such as payments, refunds, amount owing and UHIP can be directed to

Questions about government aid, changes and updates to your OSAP, appeals and financial counselling can be directed to

Questions about all University of Guelph scholarships, bursaries, Work Study and the Undergraduate Research Assistantship program can be directed to


Student Accounts – Tuition, Refunds and Payments

Effective May 1, 2020, all Student Organization fees and other University fees are compulsory for students on the Guelph campus, with the exception of the Student Dental Plan. Students covered by an equivalent dental plan can opt out of the Student Dental Plan by submitting an online opt-out form by the posted deadline. Students will need to provide proof of alternate coverage.

Student Financial Services will no longer be accepting in-person payments for your student financial account – this includes debit payments. Check the list of accepted payment methods.


There is a new and improved process for receiving refunds! Please follow the steps on the Refunds webpage to receive your refund. Domestic refunds (i.e., being deposited into a Canadian bank account) will be issued through Interac e-Transfer.

Please allow one to two weeks for a refund to be processed. If you have any questions about refunds, contact


Summer 2022 bills for tuition and fees will be posted on WebAdvisor the week of April 25. The payment deadline for your full bill is May 20, 2022. Please refer to the dates and deadlines page for more details.


If you are unable to pay your student account in full by the payment deadline, you can request to pay your tuition in installments by completing the Financial Arrangement Request Form (FARF) on the Forms and Documents page. Your FARF will be reviewed, and you will receive an email in your email account indicating if your FARF has been approved or denied. Your form will not be reviewed until the minimum payment (as indicated on your FARF) is received on your student account.


Government Aid

Yes, CERB, CESB, CRB, CRSB and WEPP income received during your OSAP study period would need to be reported as "other income." You should not report these in the government income section of your application but rather include them along with all other income in your response to the "other income" question.


To reset your OSAP password:

  1. Visit the OSAP website
  2. Click “Log In”
  3. Click “Forgot OAN or password” to retrieve either your OSAP Access Number (OAN) or password using the online or email options.

If you cannot retrieve the information this way, contact Student Financial Services by email at or by phone at 519-824-4120 x58715. Our phone is open between 1 and 4 p.m., Monday to Friday.


If possible, submit your OSAP documentation directly through your OSAP account online. You can upload documents from the Print/Upload page in your account.

If you have other documents such as reviews or appeals, look for the link that says, “Click here if you have other (optional) documents to upload”. This will take you to the Optional Uploads page where you can submit application updates or review documents.

You can also email documents to Please use your email account and include your student ID in your email message. Please send documents as PDFs when possible.


We recommend that you review your application to ensure the information is correct. Common errors or omissions include but are not limited to:

  • incorrect course load;
  • reporting university scholarships/bursaries that the school reports on your behalf resulting in your awards being counted twice;
  • adding decimals to parental income resulting in higher income being reported;
  • not completing a Request for Review: Adjust Living Allowance form if your parents reside within 30km but you do not live with them

We recommend that you log into your OSAP account, select “check status” and select “View a summary of your application” to review your application and ensure your responses are correct. You cannot make changes to your application yourself, therefore if you want to update information on your application, you must upload a signed letter to OSAP website that identifies the items you want to update or change along with any required documents.

If you have concerns after reviewing your application or you are unsure, please contact with a brief summary of your situation/concerns for guidance.


Under the CARES Act signed into U.S. law March 2020, the U.S. Department of Education has allowed foreign institutions to temporarily waive the prohibition of distance education (DE) and offer courses through DE format if the government authorities in the country in which the foreign institution is located have declared a public health emergency, major disaster or emergency, or national emergency due to COVID-19. The foreign institution can continue to offer the courses via DE for the duration of the emergency, and this temporary measure has been extended to include S22, F22, W23 and S23.