30% Off Ontario Tuition Grant
The 30% Off Ontario Tuition Grant was introduced to make education more accessible and affordable for full-time undergraduate students.
The amount of the Ontario Tuition Grant may be up to $890 per semester, for a maximum of two semesters per year ($1,780/year) for university students enrolled in degree programs.
You may receive the grant for your first four years of undergraduate, post secondary education. Students with a permanent disability may receive the grant for up to six years.
Who is eligible for the 30% Off Ontario Tuition Grant?
You’re eligible if:
- you're a full-time student at a public college or university in Ontario
- you're in a first entry program — that is a program you applied to and entered directly from high school
- it has been less than four years since you left high school
- your parents' gross income is $160,000 or less
- you’re a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a protected person
- you’re an Ontario resident
- your parents have filed income tax returns, and their income has been verified by OSAP
How do I apply?
If you receive OSAP, you’ll be considered for the 30% Off Ontario Tuition Grant automatically. The grant will be released along with your OSAP funding.
If you do not want to apply for OSAP, you may apply for OTG only using a separate application on the OSAP web site.
To complete the OTG-only application:
- Go to the OSAP website
- Complete & submit the application
- Print the signature pages for your parent(s)
- Mail the signature pages to:
Student Financial Services
University of Guelph
University Centre, Level 3
Guelph, ON N1G 2W1
For 2014-15, the deadline to apply for OSAP is February 16, 2015. The deadline for the OTG-only application is March 31, 2015
For additional information on the Ontario Tuition Grant, please visit the OSAP website
Ontario Tuition Grant inquiry line