30% Off Ontario Tuition Grant
Ontario has introduced the NEW 30% off Ontario Tuition program (referred to as the Ontario Tuition Grant or OTG) to make education more accessible and affordable for full-time undergraduate students at Ontario’s colleges and universities.
The new grant is based on 30 per cent of average tuition at Ontario universities and colleges and will help to support the affordability and accessibility of public postsecondary education in Ontario. If you do not receive OSAP, you may still be eligible for the grant - see below to find out more.
The amount of the Ontario Tuition Grant may be up to:
- $865 per term (to a maximum of $1,730/year) for university students and college students enrolled in degree programs
Who is eligible for the NEW 30% Off Ontario Tuition?
You’re eligible if:
- you're a full-time student at a public college or university in Ontario
- you're in a first entry program — that is a program you applied to and entered directly from high school
- it's been less than four years since you left high school
- your parents' gross income is $160,000 or less
- you’re a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a protected person
- you’re an Ontario resident
How do I apply?
If you receive OSAP:
If you receive OSAP, you’ll be considered for the NEW 30% Off Ontario Tuition automatically. If OSAP needs more information from you to determine your eligibility, you will be contacted directly by the ministry. If you are eligible, the new grant will be deposited into your bank account. If you do not have direct deposit, a cheque will be sent to your mailing address.
If you don't receive OSAP:
If you don’t receive OSAP, you need to apply online. To apply, you’ll need three things:
- your Social Insurance Number
- your parent(s)’ Social Insurance Number(s)
- information from Line 150 in your parent(s)’ 2012 Canadian Income Tax Return(s).
To complete the application
- Go to OSAP website
- Register for an OSAP Access Number (OAN)
- Submit the online application form
- Print the two signature pages — one for you and one for your parents
- Mail or fax the two signature pages to:
Student Financial Services
University of Guelph
University Centre, Level 3
Fax: (519) 823-9421
The deadline to apply for the grant is 60 days before the end of your study period.
However, students are encouraged to apply early for the grant to receive it more quickly after their enrollment is confirmed in September.
For additional information on the Ontario Tuition Grant, please visit the OSAP website
Ontario Tuition Grant inquiry line