General Studies – Academic Transition Program (ATP)
Welcome to the Academic Transition Program! We are so excited to welcome you to the University of Guelph. The Academic Transition Program provides mature students with the opportunity to take university courses before registering in a specific degree program.
Your first step as an Academic Transition Program student is to connect with the Program Counsellor to help with course selection. ATP students may apply to transfer to a specific undergraduate degree program upon successful completion of four degree-relevant courses (2.00 credits). Students should check with the appropriate Admission Counsellor for specific requirements for transferring to another degree program.
- Academic Transition Program (ATP) students are required to enroll in HUMN*1040 University Learning Skills [.50] for the fall semester. This course aims to aid in the student transition to university. All other courses are of the student’s choosing.
- Review the Program Information for the program you are working towards transferring into. Go to the Degree Programs section of the Undergraduate Calendar. Here you will find degrees laid out by semester, with listings of courses that are available for selection throughout your studies.
- Pick your courses as soon as possible. Availability of desired sections may fill up quickly.
- You will use WebAdvisor to pick your courses. Detailed instructions on using WebAdvisor are available in the WebAdvisor Tutorial.
- As you make your class schedule, ensure there are no conflicts in your timetable.
Course Selection Tips:
- Select your required course(s) first and build the rest of your schedule around these courses.
- Distance Education (called DE) courses are online courses that are an alternative way to take courses without meeting for regularly scheduled classes. You will find DE course times listed in WebAdvisor as TBA.
For additional information and counselling please contact:Sarah Bradley
Program Counsellor, ATP
MacKinnon Building, Room 128
(519) 824-4120, ext. 56385