Simultaneously Dropping a Section and Registering for a Section (Simultaneous Add/Drop):
WebAdvisor will now allow you to simultaneously drop one section and register for another section. This will allow you to more easily switch sections if there is a conflict in your schedule or otherwise make changes to your schedule without accidentally dropping a section for which you cannot find a replacement. Remember you can drop a course sections on or before the 40th day of class each semester. However, you can only add course sections during the designated course selection or add periods.
- In order to simultaneously drop a section and register for another you must first add the section you want to register for to your "Preferred Sections" list (see the "Add Sections to my "Preferred Sections" list section of this tutorial).
- In the "Register for Previously Selected Sections" scroll down to the list entitled "Preferred Sections".
- In the left-hand side column labeled "Action" use the drop-down menu to choose "Register" for the desired section.
- Scroll down to the list entitled "Current Registrations" list.
- Find the section(s) that you want to drop, click on the check-box(s) on the left-hand side under the "Drop" column.
- Click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page.