Technology Academy Finland
The Millennium Technology Prize is Finland's tribute to innovations for a better life.
The Prize highlights the extensive impacts of science and innovation on society, even on humanity at large.
General principles of the Millennium Technology Prize:
- Awarded to technological innovations that enhance the quality of people’s lives in a sustainable manner.
- The innovations have been applied in practice and are delivering extensive change now and in the future.
- The innovations stimulate further cutting edge research and development in science and technology.
The Millennium Technology Prize encourages further cutting-edge research and development and is thus not intended as a reward for lifetime achievement. The Prize also highlights the Finnish practical and solution-focused mindset – one of the greatest strengths of Finland – to the whole world.
Candidates for the Prize are accepted from across the world and all fields of technology excluding military technology. Nominations for the Prize can be made by science academies, universities, research institutes and industrial organizations.
The Prize is worth one million euros and it is awarded every second year.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
This is an institutional nomination. The university will submit on the external deadline. OR-5 is required.
How to Apply
The Vice-President (Research) encourages nominations for this prestigious award. If you wish to nominate a colleague or to be considered for nomination, please alert your Associate Dean (Research) and submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) by the internal deadline.
An Expression of Interest will include:
- A draft letter (two-three pages) addressed to the VPR which outlines how you/your nominee meets the criteria outlined on the Millennium Prize website
- An up-to-date CV (up to 10 pages) for nominee (and each member of the team, if applicable);
If your nomination will be submitted by a different nominee, and therefore does not require the Vice-President's endorsement, please submit OR-5 and complete nomination by the external deadline.