SponsorCanadian Institutes of Health Research
Priority Announcements offer additional sources of funding for highly rated applications that are relevant to specific CIHR research priority areas or mandates. Applications are submitted through the "201611MFE" competition of the Fellowship: 2016‑2017 funding opportunity.
CIHR Research Priority Areas
- Clinical Nutrition
- Drug Safety and Effectiveness
- Kidney Disease
- Refugee Training Initiative
See grant opportunity for full list of criteria
- must be a trainee and meet the minimum commitment of 75% of your time in the research fellowship role proposed in the application.
- a primary supervisor must be identified on the application. An additional supervisor may also be identified.
- at the time of application, you must hold or be completing a PhD or a regulated health professional degree.
- Applicants may submit only one application per year (September 1 to August 31) for funding from NSERC, CIHR or SSHRC. However, individuals eligible to apply to the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships program or the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program may also submit an application to the CIHR Fellowship program (this is the only exception where an individual may submit two applications in the same year).
$45,000 and $60,000 per award (see individual Priority Area for specific award amount)
Two to up to five years (see individual Priority Area for specific duration)
Please submit a copy of the application along with an OR5 form completed and signed by your supervisor to email@example.com
How To Apply
This Funding Opportunity participates in the eApproval process .To submit an application, please log into ResearchNet and create an application. You are required to follow the instructions in the Fellowship Awards - Application Instructions. Important: Please read all instructions to familiarize yourself with the application process before applying.
- Only supervisor(s) signatures are required. Printed names should always accompany signatures.
- No institutional signatures are required on the pages at the time of application.
For More Information
For more information, please go to the CIHR website.