Networking and Events
Photo credit: Artifacts for Life
Our network comprises of:
- Educators: Paid workshop leaders who deliver practical, hands-on business advice in a group setting.
- Mentors: Paid professionals – often with their own consulting businesses - who have worked through the ups and downs of business growth in the past. They help entrepreneurs to maintain momentum, avoid costly mistakes and meet their milestones.
- Disruptors: Unpaid advisors who are matched up on a needs basis with appropriate entrepreneurs to offer constructive criticism, strategic connections and insightful perspectives. These advisors can quickly and easily review strategy and offer troubleshooting and inspiration that will save entrepreneurs time and get them thinking about new approaches.
- Investors: Angel investors and venture capitalists who are keen to know about the ‘next big thing’ and can offer financial support that creates scalable, sustainable companies for the future.
Joining the network is easy - contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how! As a member, you also get the chance to attend events such as the Gryphon LAAIR Showcase and Pitch Competition, where U of G spinout companies compete for $15,000.
Whether you’re a potential participant, mentor, instructor or investor, please contact email@example.com for more information.
Event Collaboration and Sponsorships
The Accelerator Guelph team is always looking for new ways to share information with our entrepreneurs. Private companies and non-profit organizations find working with us extremely valuable both in terms of their exposure to innovative new businesses and connecting with like-minded professionals.
Contact us if you have an idea for how we can collaborate or if you would like to sponsor a special event such as a pitch competition or demonstration day.
Partners we’ve worked include:
- Life Sciences Ontario – networking reception
- Ernst & Young – financial case study panel
- KPMG – Scientific Research and Experimental Development workshop
- The Wood Centre Start Up Socials
- Golden Triangle Angel Network (GTAN) – GTAN | RAW Pitch Practice
- Canadian Intellectual Property Office – Intellectual Property Workshops