High Strength, High Conductivity Aluminum Alloy
- Castable aluminum alloy with high strength and high conductivity (thermal, electrical.)
- Free from exotic alloying elements and compositionally robust.
- Reduced or eliminated hot-tearing susceptibility.
- Proof of concept stage attained.
- Derivative and new variant technologies are currently under development.
Applications and Advantages
- Allows fabrication of complex parts that balance the strength of wrought aluminum with the conductivity of copper, without the need for welding or machining.
- Electrically/thermally conductive cast alumnium parts with improved conductivity.
- E.g. electric motor rotors, battery trays, motor/inverter casings, heat sinks
- Reduce the weight of copper components by replacing copper with aluminum.
- Non-exotic alloy composition reduces cost and increases recyclability.
Provisional utility patent application pending in the US.
Michael Fowler, firstname.lastname@example.org, 519-824-4120 x53808