IP Talks: Protect Your Intellectual Property
Date and Time
Join the new monthly IP Talks series brought to you by the IP Village*. In this first 1-hour webinar you will learn about the fundamentals of intellectual property (IP).
Foundation: Introduction to IP rights (CIPO - 20mins):
- Why intellectual property is important
- Best practise to manage intellectual property during the creation phase
- Facts and myths about the ownership of creations and inventions
- Common forms of IP rights, how they are typically used and defended
In practice: Protecting your IP (IPIC – 40mins):
Learn from IP professionals how IP is protected and used in practise in four different industries: software and AI, hi-tech solutions, artisan and creative works, and professional services.
For each industry, key takeaways will include:
- Typical forms of IP rights in the industry and how these are used
- How the IP rights are typically monetized
- Managing risks of losing your IP
Do you have questions on the topic which you would like answered? Submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to answer as many as possible during the session.
Participation in this event is open to the public and free of charge. Registration is mandatory - register early to reserve your spot. Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on September 21, 2021.
* The IP Village is a collaboration between the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC), the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO), Export Development Canada (EDC), Global Affairs Canada – Trade Commissioner Service (GAC-TCS), the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC) and the National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP).