IP Talks: Using Intellectual Property in Business
Date and Time
Join us on October 20, 2021 at 1pm (EST) as we continue the monthly IP Talks series brought to you by the IP Village*. In this second 1-hour webinar you will learn about using IP in a business.
Foundation: A strategic approach to using your IP (CIPO - 20mins):
- Different avenues to leverage intellectual property
- Skillsets for planning and creating an IP strategy
- Steps to develop an IP strategy
In practice: IP as a business tool – building a solid foundation to get your ideas to market (NRC-IRAP – 20mins):
The National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program's (NRC IRAP) support for your innovation projects goes beyond financial assistance. When you work with us, you also get access to:
- Industrial technology advisors (ITAs) who offer technical and business advice, referrals, and other services to help your company grow from concept to commercialization.
- An extensive network of regional, national, and international partners that can provide you with access to customized support (including business and technology advice and competitive intelligence), connect you with local sources of financing, expertise, and more.
Understanding IP searches (IPIC – 10 minutes)
An introduction to the various searches performed to make informed decisions about your IP:
- Freedom to operate
- Patent landscape / whitespace
Intellectual property valuation vs. business value (BDC – 10 minutes)
Learn what to do to assess if your business idea is commercially viable and the key elements of IP vs. business value that investors look for.
- Product-market-moat fit
- Difference between IP value and IP valuation
Do you have questions on the topic which you would like answered? Submit them to email@example.com and we will try to answer as many as possible during the session.
Participation in this event is open to the public and free of charge. Registration is mandatory - register early to reserve your spot. Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on October 19.
* The IP Village is a collaboration between the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC), the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO), Export Development Canada (EDC), Global Affairs Canada – Trade Commissioner Service (GAC-TCS), the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC) and the National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP).