Gryphon's LAAIR Showcase and Pitch Competition
Ready, set, pitch!
Six corporations who have roots in UofG research and are looking to scale up will go head to head in this high-energy Innovation Week event.
Four well-known judges from corporate Canada will take the measure of the sales pitches and award prizes:
- Grand Prize of $7,500;
- People’s Choice prize of $2,500 - picked by audience participation; and
- $1,000 for the runners’ up.
Improv comedian and entrepreneur Jay Reid of The Making Box will host the proceedings.
The objectives of the competition are threefold:
- Share the real-world impact UofG innovators have on the Ontario economy with the campus community, OMAFRA, our partners and the public
- Provide a platform for UofG Innovators to share their success stories and to initiate new conversations and partnerships that will further enhance impact
- Inspire our wider campus community to adopt an impact focused mindset
The teams will receive rigorous coaching, including sessions to perfect their pitches and dry runs before the big day.
Date: May 21, 2019
Location: Rozanski Hall
Time: 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. followed by an After Party in the Rozanski Concourse
Mark your calendars for an entertaining evening that will bring out the best in the University of Guelph’s entrepreneurs.
Other local opportunities to practice your pitch: