Ontario Agri-Tech Pitch Competition
The Research Innovation Office at the University of Guelph is excited to announce the Ontario Agri-Tech Pitch Competition in collaboration with the Government of Ontario.
By uniting farmers, academics, agri-tech entrepreneurs, and investors, this event will raise awareness about the problems worth solving and showcase investible companies.
Join us online to watch as the next generation of new Ontario-based agri-tech start-up companies battle it out to be best in class.
The company with the greatest potential to advance the Ontario agri-food sector and beyond will win a grand prize of $10,000 and the winner of the People's Choice award will take home $2,500.
- $10,000 Best in Class: for best investment/impact pitch as determined by an experienced investor panel.
- $2,500 People’s Choice Award: for most popular team determined by audience voting.
- $1,000 Finalist Award: for each team selected to pitch plus free hotel the night before.
- Open to any Ontario based agri-tech start-up company.
- Focus on Ontario-based early-stage companies preparing for seed investment.
- All teams must pitch live in Guelph, ON.
- Learn about emerging Agri-Tech talent and technology in Ontario.
- Learn about the resources available at the University of Guelph to support companies.
Learn more and check out Lilian Schaer's Food and Farming article!
See the history of the Gryphon's LAAIR Showcase and Competition.
This event is an extension of the well-known Gryphon's LAAIR Program funded through the Ontario Agri-Food Innovation Alliance, a collaboration between the Government of Ontario and the University of Guelph.
The Research Innovation Office thanks its sponsors the RHA Partners / 519 Growth Fund, John F. Wood Centre and the Government of Ontario through the Agri-Food Innovation Alliance.
Want to learn more or have any questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org