BScF (1978) University of New Brunswick
PhD (1986) University of Alaska
Ecological interactions in forest, riparian and agroforest ecosystems. Carbon dynamics, nutrient cycling, ecological modelling, short rotation woody crop bioenergy systems
- Cardinael, R., N. V. Thevathasan, A. M. Gordon, R. Clinch, I. Mohammed and D. Sidders. 2012. Growing woody biomass for bioenergy in a tree-based intercropping system in southern Ontario, Canada. Agroforestry Systems 86:279-286.
- Bainard, L. D., A. M. Koch, A. M. Gordon and J. N. Klironomos. 2012a. Temporal and compositional differences of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungal communities in conventional monocropping and tree-based intercropping systems. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 45:172-180.
- Bainard, L. D., A. M. Koch, A. M. Gordon and J. N. Klironomos. 2012b. Growth response of crops to soil microbial communities from conventional monocropping and tree-based intercropping systems. Plant Soil DOI.10.1007/S11104-012-1321-5.
- Dube, F., M. Espinosa, N. B. Stolpe, E. Zagal, N. V. Thevathasan and A. M. Gordon. 2012. Productivity and carbon storage in silvopastoral systems with Pinus ponderosa and Trifolium spp., plantations and pasture on an Andisol in Patagonia, Chile. Agroforestry Systems 86:113-128.
- Kreutzweiser, D. P., P. K. Sibley, J. S. Richardson and A. M. Gordon. 2012. Introduction and a theoretical basis for using disturbance by forest management activities to sustain aquatic ecosystems. Freshwater Science 31:224-231.
- Sibley, P. K., D. P. Kreutzweiser, B. J. Naylor, J. S. Richardson and A. M. Gordon. 2012. Emulation of natural distrubances (END) for riparian forest management: synthesis and recomendations. Freshwater Science 31:258-264.
- Danquah, E. O., R. Akromah, S. J. Quashie-Sam, W. Oduro, D. Falk, N. V. Thevathasan and A. M. Gordon. 2012. The genetic diversity of Jatropha curcas (L.) germplasm in Ghana as revealed by random amplified polymoprphic DNA (RAPD) primers. Agroforestry Systems 86:443-450.
- Woods, C. L., S. L. Hunt, D. M. Morris and A. M. Gordon. 2012. Epiphytes influence the transformation of nitrogen in coniferous forest canopies. Boreal Environ. Res. 17:411-424.
2007 Distinguished Service Award, Association for Temperate Agroforestry
1997 Best Web-Based Course in North America
1991 Ministry of the Environment Excellence in Research Award
agroforestry systems, forest ecosystem ecology, nutrient cycling, ecological modeling, bioenergy systems