Programs and Events Listing
Student Affairs sends email messages every other week to all main campus students throughout September to April. The mailing provides students (undergraduate and graduate) with information about events and programs hosted by the University of Guelph (including departments outside of Student Affairs). The below information outlines submission deadlines and formatting requirements for departments interested in leveraging this promotion opportunity.
Student Affairs request that units adhere to the following formatting when preparing a message:
- AODA Compliance: All University correspondence and documents are expected to comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
- Title: Write the title of your submission using capital and lower-case letters.
- Full Sentences: Please use full sentences and limit the use of short forms and abbreviations; this includes writing dates and times. This also helps reach accessibility compliance.
- Date: Please use the following format: Monday, September 6, 2021
- Time: Please use the following format: 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- Length: Each submission should be less than 50 words, and direct recipients to further information using a link.
- Links: Please do not hyperlink words rather, please include the full URL address including the http:// Example: Visit the University of Guelph homepage by clicking onto the following link: http://www.uoguelph.ca/
- Repeated Messages: Submissions must be different each issue.
- Editing: Don’t forget to proofread the message before you submit.
Typically, submissions will be distributed to students on the Monday or Tuesday following the submission dates below. If, Student Affairs receives too many submissions, priority will be given to departments within the Division of Student Affairs. The submission deadlines are as follows:
The mailing is not sent during the summer semester.
Thursday, September 9, 2021
Thursday, September 23, 2021
Thursday, October 7, 2021
Thursday, October 21, 2021
Thursday, November 4, 2021
Thursday, November 18, 2021
Thursday, December 2, 2021
Thursday, January 13, 2022
Thursday, January 27, 2022
Thursday, February 10, 2022
Thursday, February 24, 2022
Thursday, March 10, 2022
Thursday, March 24, 2022
How to Submit to the Programs and Events Listing?
Please forward submissions to Student Affairs before noon on the dates listed above by emailing: email@example.com