Student Affairs - Programs and Events Newsletter
Student Affairs creates and distributes the biweekly program and events newsletter What's Happening, to all main campus students throughout the Fall and Winter semesters. This mailing provides students (undergraduate and graduate) with information about events and programs hosted by the University of Guelph (including departments outside of Student Affairs). The below information outlines submission deadlines and formatting requirements for departments interested in leveraging this promotion opportunity.
Student Affairs requests that units adhere to the following formatting when preparing a message:
- AODA Compliance: All University correspondence and documents are expected to comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
- Title: Write the title of your submission using capital and lower-case letters.
- Full Sentences: Please use full sentences and limit the use of short forms and abbreviations; this includes writing dates and times. This also helps reach accessibility compliance.
- Date: Please use the following format: Monday, September 5, 2022
- Time: Please use the following format: 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- Length: Each submission should be less than 50 words, and direct recipients to further information using a link.
- Links: Please do not hyperlink words rather, please include the full URL address including the https://www. Example: Visit the University of Guelph homepage by clicking on the following link: https://www.uoguelph.ca/
- Repeated Messages: Submissions must be different each issue.
- Editing: Don’t forget to proofread the message before you submit.
- Images: Each listing will be published with one accompanying image. Please include a copy of the image you wish to have displayed with your listing, as an attachment to, or within the body of your email submission.
Typically, the What's Happening newsletter will be distributed to students on the Friday or Monday following the submission dates, below. If, Student Affairs receives too many submissions, priority will be given to departments within the Division of Student Affairs. The submission deadlines are as follows:
The mailing is not sent during
the summer semester.
Thursday, September 8, 2022
Thursday, September 22, 2022
Thursday, October 6, 2022
Thursday, October 20, 2022
Thursday, November 3, 2022
Thursday, November 17, 2022
Thursday, December 1, 2022
Thursday, January 12, 2023
Friday, January 27, 2023 (publication date: Tuesday, January 31st, 2023)
Thursday, February 9, 2023
Thursday, February 23, 2023
Thursday, March 9, 2023
Thursday, March 23, 2023
Wednesday, April 5, 2023 (publication date: Thursday, April 6, 2023)
How to Submit to the Programs and Events Listing?
Please forward submissions to Student Affairs before noon on the dates listed above by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org