Study Permit Information

Canada provides many outstanding opportunities to learn. As an international student in Canada, you must have a valid study permit while you attend any institution. Study permits are obtained by applying through Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)

Applying for a Study Permit

To study in Canada, you may need a study permit, and/or a temporary resident visa, though not everyone must have these documents. If you are applying for your documents for the first time, you will need to apply at your local Canadian Embassy or Consulate outside of Canada. There is an online full listing of Canadian embassies abroad. A full outline of what is required for a Study permit is available online.

During your application and for other application such as a Social Insurance number when you arrive, you may be asked for a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) number.
For Guelph, this number is O19305391192. Please keep it for your records.

Immigration Advising

Providing support with study permits, visas, or co-op work permits.