Published by Communications and Public Affairs (519) 824-4120, Ext. 56982 or 53338
June 10, 2004
Alumni Weekend celebrates U of G’s 40th anniversary
The University of Guelph’s 2004 Alumni Weekend expects to attract more than 1,500 alumni and guests to campus June 25 to 27 to meet with old friends and celebrate the university’s 40th anniversary.
• Alumni are invited to join in on a U of G tradition and paint the cannon June 25 at 4 p.m. Paint and brushes supplied.
• The Rutherford Conservatory grand opening June 25 at 5 p.m. will showcase the result of an interior revitalization project to restore the conservatory into a display greenhouse.
• A look at the stars through the physics observatory telescope will take place on the roof of the MacNaughton Building June 25 at 9:15 p.m.
• Food scientist Massimo Marcone will give a lecture on coffee June 26 at 10 a.m. in Room 241, Food Science.
• The President’s Luncheon, which includes the golden anniversary celebration for 1954 graduates and presentation of the University of Guelph Alumni Association (UGAA) Awards of Excellence, will be held June 26 in the Gryphon Dome at 11:30 a.m.
• A farewell tour of the Chemistry and Microbiology Building June 26 at 4 p.m. will give former students a chance to visit the building before its demolition in the fall. The tour will also offer a sneak peek at the new science complex.
• The Alumni Dinner June 26 at 6 p.m. will give special recognition to the 25th-anniversary class, the graduates of 1979.
• An Alumni Pub June 26, starting at 9 p.m., will take place in the Brass Taps in the University Centre.
For full program details, visit www.uoguelph.ca/alumni. Many events are free, but space is limited and registration is required. Register online through the website or call (519) 824-4120, Ext. 56544.
For media questions, contact Communications and Public Affairs: Lori Bona Hunt (519) 824-4120, Ext. 53338, or Rachelle Cooper, Ext. 56982.