Associate Diploma in Environmental Management
The Environmental Management Diploma program provides technical and practical skills training for students interested in environmental issues and solutions. Two distinct educational streams within the program allow students to focus on either municipal/industrial or rural/agricultural concerns as they develop an understanding of environmental protection and management. Students will develop the skills they need to evaluate and communicate challenging environmental issues.
This program is designed to address the critical shortage of trained and qualified sewage and/or water plant operators, and to train and certify personnel to assist growers in addressing nutrient management regulations that will affect all farms across Ontario.
This program is offered at the Ridgetown Campus of the University of Guelph.
For information on admission requirements visit the Ridgetown Campus website.
Sample First Year Courses
- Communications & Software Applications I
- Soil Principles
- Environmental Science and Issues
- Environmental Law and Governance
- Spills and Contaminated Site Remediation
- One of: Applied Mathematics; Mathematics for Environmental Operators
- Communications & Software Applications II
- Water Resource Management
- Environmental Monitoring
- Data Analysis and Statistics
- Introduction to Applied Microbiology
- One of: Precision Agriculture; Advanced Math and Water Chemistry; Ecological Principles of Managed Landscapes
For full course descriptions and a listing of second year courses, check out the diploma program calendar here: https://www.uoguelph.ca/registrar/calendars/diploma/current/c10/c10env.shtml
- Environmental Farm Plan consultant
- Municipal environmental technician
- Environmental waste technician
- Water or waste-water treatment operator