Bachelor of One Health (B.O.H.)
Out of Province Requirements
Join a Unique Program
Bachelor of One Health is the only degree of its kind in Canada, with a unique set of skills and experiences included.
The One Health Institute provides focus and support to the One Health degree.
Learn from four areas of emphasis to reflect your career goals; disease, food and environment, economic and policy, and socio-cultural.
Gain Work Experience
Pursue available co-op to gain real work experience and apply classroom learning in the workplace.
Take advantage of the unprecedented $42.7 million available in scholarships.
A Bachelor of One Health degree will empower you to use a multi-disciplinary approach to handle many of the most pressing human, animal, and ecosystem health issues of our time, including:
- Agricultural sustainability
- Antimicrobial resistance in Canada and abroad
- Climate change and the spread of vector-borne disease
- Community-based research of water quality
- Informatics and disease modelling
- Pandemics (e.g., COVID-19)
- Pollinator health
- Poverty and food security in subsistence economies
- Species at risk
Just a few career paths our graduates successfully pursue:
- Agricultural Planning & Policy Expert
- Community Health Coordinator
- Conservation Biologist
- Food Quality Assurance & Security Consultant
- Food Systems Consultant
- Indigenous Cultural Wellness Leader
- Land Use Planner & Environmental Consultant
- One Health Knowledge Mobilization Specialist
- Policy Analyst (Health, Economics, Environment)
- Public Health Officer
- Research Scientist (Environment, Human or Organismal Health)
Why Bachelor of One Health?
One Planet One Health
With its roots in veterinary medicine and agriculture, the University of Guelph has long understood the close relationship between the health of plants, animals, people and the environment that supported them.
Established in 2018
This uniquely positioned Institute provides focus and support to One Health initiatives in all seven colleges across campus, unlike any other institution Canada-wide. As a result, we’re developing trans-disciplinary graduates with the specialized skills to address complex health issues using a One Health approach.
Stand Out From The Rest
The Bachelor of One Health is a forward-thinking degree in Canada that purposefully integrates both the scientific and socio-cultural aspects of health into one degree. The foundation of the degree looks at the interconnections of humans, animals and the environment at the individual, population, and ecosystem levels. Transferable skill development for your career is an essential part of this degree.
- Bachelor of One Health (BOH)
- 4 Years
- Length of program
- Areas of emphasis
- in student satisfaction - Maclean's Canadian Comprehensive University Rankings 2020
- 3 Pillars
- human health, animal health and ecosystem health
For more information about the Bachelor of One Health (BOH) program, please visit our 2022-2023 Academic Calendar
What Students in the program are saying about U of G
I love being in the Bachelor of One Health program because it allows me to study a variety of subjects that I'm interested in! It acknowledges that the problems our world faces need to be examined from a variety of perspectives and it uses a innovative, multi-faceted approach to come up with solutions.
The One Health Program here at the University of Guelph is extremely unique as it combines three big areas of interest into one. I really enjoy the diversity of classes that can be taken under this degree, it is like being able to get a taste of everything while also focusing on one of the many areas of emphasis that catch your eye.