2003-2004 Undergraduate Calendar
A University I.D. Card is issued to each student registered at the University. The following regulations apply:
1. The University of Guelph Card must have: the University of Guelph logo; the cardholder's surname, initials and identification
number; a colour photograph of the cardholder; the cardholder's signature; a bar code for Library check-out privileges; a semester
validation sticker; and a brief summary of the rules and regulations for use of the card.
2. The Card is the property of the University of Guelph and may only be used for identification purposes.
3. The Card is not transferable and the cardholder will be responsible for all use made of the Card unless and until written notice is
received by Undergraduate Program Services, Office of Registrarial Services.
4. Presentation of the Card will be required before certain University services will be extended. The signature of the cardholder will
be required before certain University services will be extended. University services may be denied to an individual who does not
present a valid card.
5. The Card may not be retained as collateral for any University service except for those services holding and displaying a permit,
signed by the Registrar authorizing the withholding of the student, faculty or staff identification card for short periods while that
person is utilizing the services offered.
6. A University Card will be issued to each new student. New students who do not obtain a card must contact Undergraduate Program Services, Office of Registrarial Services, Level 3, University Centre for assistance.
7. Loss or finding of the University Card should be reported to Undergraduate Program Services, Office of Registrarial Services,
Level 3, University Centre, during regular University office hours. At other times, a preliminary notification may be made during
Library hours at the Circulation Information Desk on the main floor of the Library.
8. Before the University card may be used on the first occasion for check-out privileges at the Library, the bar code must be activated at the Circulation Information Desk on the main floor of the Library. To facilitate the check-out procedure, the cardholder is
urged to have the bar code activated upon first entry to the Library. Once the bar code is activated, no further validation is necessary.
9. Special Notice: The University Card must be presented to Undergraduate Program Services, Office of Registrarial Services at the
time the student submits a Notice of Withdrawal in order that the appropriate validation may be affixed to the Card.
10. Replacement charge is $20.00.
Note: when searching for a course code replace the " * " with a blank
Admission inquiries: Admission Services ~ ~ ~ General calendar inquiries: Undergraduate Program Services ~ ~ ~
Last revision: 14 May 2003
© 2003 Office of Registrarial Services, University of Guelph