The library is at the centre of campus life – students are forever coming and going as they pursue their post-secondary education. In fact, on a busy day more than 12,000 people use the McLaughlin library, and more than 1 million visit annually.
The library first opened in 1968, at a cost of $8,175,000; $1 million of which was donated by Robert Samuel McLaughlin (1871-1972), a pioneer Canadian car manufacturer and philanthropist. His portrait hangs on the right side wall after coming through the main entrance. On the opposite wall is a glass display case that displays archival displays from the University of Guelph.
For a full list of detailed and updated hours by week, IT help desk, etc. please visit https://www.lib.uoguelph.ca/service-hours
ramp and auto door at main entrance off Winegard Walk
access to all floors
men’s and women’s washrooms in the basement off the main elevators to the right; accessible stalls in the third floor washrooms
P5 off Trent Lane