Out of Province Requirements
Help Improve Health and Performance
Gain Hands-on and Theoretical Knowledge
Critically analyze experimental design, data analysis and interpretation in human movement, physical activity and exercise science research – from the lab to the classroom.
Broaden Your Health and Performance Foundation
Explore the biological aspects of human movement, function, and performance in health, aging, and chronic disease and study nutrition, physiology, biomechanics, anatomy, genetics, and genomics throughout the program.
Research Courses Tailored to Your Interests
Take the opportunity to complete a research course of a theoretical or practical nature with a faculty member in a discipline related to your interests and career goals.
Why Human Kinetics?
How can we improve human health, movement, nutrition, and well-being for different life stages and abilities?
During your studies in Human Kinetics (HK) at the U of G, you will experience comprehensive hands-on laboratories in exercise testing and assessment of human movement, and an in-depth dissection-based anatomical study of the human body, diving into human physiology, nutrition and biomechanics, biology and more.
What You Will Learn
- Biological Concepts of Health
- General Chemistry I
- Elements of Calculus I
- Physics for Life Sciences
- Discovering Biodiversity
- Introduction to Molecular and Cellular Biology
- General Chemistry II
- Physics for Life Sciences II
- Introduction to Biochemistry
- Principles of Human Biomechanics
- Foundations in Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Statistics I
- Human Physiology I - Concepts and Principles
- Molecular Biology of the Cell
- Fundamentals of Nutrition
- Applied Human Kinetics I
- Human Physiology II - Integrated Systems
- Lifestyle Genomics
- Human Anatomy: Dissection or Human Anatomy: Prosection
- Structure and Function in Biochemistry
- Neuromuscular Physiology
- Applied Human Kinetics II
- Human Anatomy: Dissection
- Human Anatomy
- Human Cardio-respiratory Physiology
- Nutrition, Exercise and Energy Metabolism
- electives or restricted electives
In 2021, more than $42.7 million in scholarships was awarded to U of G students. Learn more about applications, requirements and available Scholarships.
Tour Our Campus
Through virtual tours, presentations, webinars and in-person tours, get familiar with U of G campus.
Learn more about how to connect, discover, and engage with programs, facilities and life at the U of G.